Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Progress Report. Recap Day 1

Quick recap of yesterday:
Weighed in at 290.8. I hereby proclaim Monday's will be the official weigh in day (to help keep me decent on the weekends. At least that's the theory I'm going with).
  • Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ walnuts, cranberries and splenda
  • Lunch: Subway 6" turkey on wheat w/ veggies, light lite mayo, and red wine vinegar. And baked lays.
  • Snack: Got squirrely w/ some leftover cream cheese dip, Overcame and banished the offender to the depths of the trashcan. Ate some LC cheese w/ some pretzels, and all was right with the world.
  • Dinner: tuna (made w/ spicy brown mustard and low fat mayo) on light eng muffin and a big ol' salad w/ low fat balsamic vinaigrette.
  • Dessert: slice of pumpkin gingerbread. Yeah, I know. It should've been purged. In my humble defense, while it is delish (and made by my own little hands) it is not something I am likely to binge on. And did is mention it's delicious?
  • Aside from the brief jaunt into depression yesterday (brought on by a tv show) I consider it a victory. I started to slide, stopped it, and got back on track.

Today started out as it usually does - ignoring the alarm clock, violently throwing myself from bed to shower, tripping over the cat, and general irritation until the first cup of coffee is ingested.

Today Thus Far:
Breakfast of Champions: Oatmeal w/ walnuts and splenda. Forgot the dang cranberries. Little extra splenda, and it was still ok.

Lunch: deli turkey, LC cheese and leftover salad rolled up in a tortilla and tomato soup. I was pretty impressed w/ the turkey wrap.... and am convinced LC cheese will make anything better.

I ate breakfast kind of late - 10:30ish. and by 11:30 I was really hungry again.

Oddly enough, I've been catching up on some of my food blogs this morning (in between work type things. Can't believe these bastards want me to work on a Tuesday. Sheesh.) You wouldn't think vibrant photographs and salacious descriptions of cakes and creamy pastas would make me hungry, now would you? <insert eye rolling here> .....So I ended up eating lunch a little earlier than normal.  Which means I really need to figure out something to snack on after work till Hubby gets home and I can get started on dinner. Otherwise we'll be looking at a repeat of yesterday. :/

I'm pretty broke, so maybe if I stop and pick up a couple apples and bananas or something? I've got a crapload of pretzels at the house, too.

I'm pretty excited about dinner tonight. I'm going to broil some porkchops in a mustard sauce and serve w/ some jasmine rice and garlic green beans. Not Top Chef quality, but still a decent (and hopefully tasty) meal. I'm hoping to have a leftover porkchop to use in a wrap tomorrow for lunch. TWO-FER! Whoo Hoo!


I think I'm going to do a separate post on my plans/goals for this year... in an effort to keep things somewhat topical, or at least so I don't have to go back through so much crap if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment