Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress Report - Are We There Yet?

Ever get that "banging your head against a brick wall" feeling?

Consumption Report 01/05/11
Breakfast: skipped (unless you count coffee)
Lunch: Turkey Wrap, Yogurt, Salsa Sunchips
Dinner: 3 eggs w/ spinach, tomato, onion, and LC cheese,  2 slices turkey bacon, 1 LF english muffin w/ 1 Tbsp butter.
Snack @ work: Orange, Apple
Snack @home: I stopped at the groc store, got some bananas, oranges, yogurt, hummus, and low fat hot chocolate and some marshmallows. My thinking was, I can eat some hummus w/ pretzels and if I'm still hungry I can have a hot chocolate w/ marshmallows. Yum!

So I sat on the couch and ate the whole freaking tub of hummus. According to my calculations at 50 cal/serving. That's 400 calories. + the pretzels.

But it gets better..... I was still in munch mode.... so I grabbed some mini chocolate chips, put them in a sandwich baggie with some mini marshmallows and ate THAT too! What the F___ is wrong with me?!?!

Now, that is probably not as bad as what I consumed previously.... the full fat cream cheese dip, the chocolate candies, etc. But still. What the bloody hell?

Is this just a psychological thing? Have I just programmed my brain to sit on the couch and eat from the time I get home till the time my husband gets home? Do I just go cold turkey on the snacks and not eat a snack period?

So that's my plan tonight. I ate my oatmeal w/ walnuts and cranberries this morning. I'm going to have my Lean Cuisine and an apple for a late lunch, and I'm going to eat my banana and yogurt right before i go home. And I am going to *attempt* to not eat a snack tonight.

Something has to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment