Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals

I've been thinking quite a bit about my goals for this year. I really need to set some serious, tangible goals. Not just "I want to lose weight" or "I want to eat healthier" but something I can mark, achieve, and cross off.

Since I've got a lot of weight to lose, I'm not going to set a big goal for the year. I'm going to set some mini-goals for weight loss.

Mini Goals:
Goal #1: I want to lose 8 lbs by 01/31.
Goal #2: I want to do at least 1 purposely physical thing every week... whether it be a walk, exercise video, whatever.
Goal #3: I want to try at least 1 new light recipe every week.
Goal #4: I want to blog on my progress at least 3x week.

Not bad, right? Totally doable?

My regular life goals:
Goal #1: I want to bring my lunch to work at least 3x week.
Goal #2: I want to make dinner at home at least 3x week.
Goal #3: I want to establish a weekly cleaning routine for the house.
Goal #4: I want to put $80/month into savings.


Blog Goals:
Yes, I have goals for this blog too!
Goal #1: I'd like to become involved in an active blogging community, where I can learn from other bloggers, and we can share victories and bitch about defeats together.
Goal #2: I'd like to review different cookbooks, make a conscious effort to cook a substantial number of recipes from each book and review those recipes.
Goal #3: I'd like to start illustrating great recipes step by step, so others follow them with ease, and enjoy some new and different recipes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment