Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Progress Report - Foiled Again!

Consumption Report 1/4/11
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ walnuts and splenda
Lunch: turkey, LC cheese, leftover salad mix on a tortilla (aka, turkey wrap) tomato soup
Snacks: LF popcorn, tablespoon of peanut butter, tortilla w/ slice of 2% cheese and salsa.... (and here we get bad) cocktail smokies in BBQ sauce, 'some' candy, and finally pretzels. :(
Dinner: pork chop, jasmine rice, green beans

Observations:
I could not eat enough yesterday! While it wasn't a disaster of epic proportions, I did make a few *ahem* unwise choices. I was having pretty gnarly cramps, cold, tired, and feeling generally crappy. The portion of my brain in charge of laziness explained to the rest of me that if I just went home I could lay on the couch w/ the heating pad and I wouldn't want to move. While I didn't really want to move, I still foraged in the fridge, where I uncovered the cocktail smokies. Nuked 'em for a few, ate a little and wasn't impressed, so I pitched it. Then I located some chocolate - a Lindt truffle, a Godiva caramel chocolate bar, a chocolate filled with Grand Marnier (not that great), and a few Danish butter cookies. Even after all that, I still wasn't satisfied! So I ate some pretzels. Like that will make up for it.

This is a classic case of eating for comfort for me. I just wanted to munch on stuff. I wanted fuzzy bunny slippers, jammies, a warm blanket, and some comfort food. If I had listened to my less lazy self, I would've stopped at the store and gotten an appropriate snack, and probably wouldn't have ransacked the fridge. Lesson Learned.

Today hasn't been as bad w/ the munchies. I didn't get around to breakfast, had the turkey wrap, salsa sunchips, and yogurt for lunch, and an orange for a snack. I'm going to eat an apple in a few minutes, and drink some more water.

Trying to plan some meals for next week... I hate this part. I looooove pasta and potatoes. Need to try some alternatives, and learn to work those in in smaller portions. Also going to give LF hot cocoa a shot... it's chocolatey, it's warm, and its comforting.

Dinner tonight is.... Breakfast! Omelet (w/ tomatoes, spinach, onions and LC cheese), turkey bacon, and english muffins.

And most importantly, snack.... what to do for snack? maybe a bowl of cereal? I'll do some reconnaissance at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment