Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ok, so obviously blogging/journaling/food tracking is not my forte. To be honest, I've been doing a pretty craptacular job of losing weight, too.

It's just hard.

It's hard to take the time to plan interesting, inexpensive, tasty, inexpensive, healthy meals. It's hard to resist the cupcakes from the specialty bakery that get brought into the office (hello, salted carmel cupcake!). It's hard to forgo the quicker, cheaper, tastier option when you're pressed for time and need to go through the drive thru.



I know I'm making excuses. I knew it was hard when I started. I've got to put on my big girl panties and just do it. I know I'm at that stage of the process where the novelty has worn off, and reality is setting in. This is when it's hardest to stick with it. It's not a habit yet, and it's getting old.
It's time to remind myself of the reasons I'm doing this...

  • My health. And I'm not just saying it. The Dr at the CANCER CENTER said he would see me again if I didn't lose this weight. That is one place I never ever want to set foot in again.
  • I want to do things: hiking and zip lining and sky diving. I want to see things you can't see from the passenger seat. And that's where I've been for most of my life.
  • I want to do things without being ashamed. I don't want to be too big to fit in the rides at the amusement park, I don't want to be ashamed to sit next to someone on a plane and be the horror story they tell afterwards. I want to walk up the stairs at work and have to pause at the top to catch my breath so my coworkers don't notice my huffing and puffing.
  • I want cute clothes, to be able to find things on sale that fit, and to not be so limited in my selections
  • I don't want to be so self conscious I am constantly analyzing every look or whisper to see if they're talking about "the fat chick".
  • I'm sick of people looking at what I'm eating, and judging.






So, moral of the story. I've messed up a bit - but I haven't done any major binging. I've made some healthier choices, made some decent healthy meals at home. Despite several lapses in judgement, I'm holding at 287.6.

I've done well so far today, and I'm going to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time.

Good luck to everyone else going through the same stuff I am!

1 comment:

  1. And good luck to you too!

    I have been slowly making changes to healthier food choices, but have not lost much yet. However, I am very happy with the changes I have made. Almost no more fast food, and no processed food in the house. These have become habits now. The next item on the agenda is a piece of fruit at every meal...not working so far. I have not lost much weight yet, but with the continued changes the weight will go.

    Just continue to work on the areas that you know are for you. Your menu plans sound very good by the way. I will have to try some. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete