Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Giving In

First of all - I'm down another another 2lbs - Yay! The first week of really being at this I dropped 4lbs real quick, then gained about 2lbs back over the next 2 weeks (which may have been some bloating/PMS type stuff) and now I'm heading back in the right direction! 284.4, so a total of 6lbs so far! I'm ready sooo to be out of these 280's.

Now about yesterday. I'm not counting yesterday as a failure, I had a bad meal... not a bad day. Hectic day, lots of running around, stress, etc. Story of everyone's life, eh?

So for breakfast/lunch I had a plain grilled chicken sandwich from Bojangles and a side of their Cajun Pintos.

 





I took pics, then somehow messed up and deleted them... whoops.




The pintos were good. The chicken sandwich? Like a wet paper towel on a mushy flavorless bun. I ate it because I was hungry, and it was the healthiest option. Even with hot sauce, it tasted like a hot wet paper towel.
Next time at Bojangles I'll do pintos, plain mashed potatoes, and green beans or something. Lesson learned.

When we finally got around to dinner we were starving and I wanted something GOOD.  We ended up going to Logan's Steakhouse. I got an 11oz sirloin, baked potato w/ butter and sour cream, and a salad w/ blue cheese dressing. And I ate 1 1/2 yeast rolls.

I'm not counting this as a failure because
a) I hadn't eaten much all day
b) I have been craving a steakhouse meal for a long while. I had one, I enjoyed it, and it's over. It will be awhile before I have one again.
c) I left some on my plate. I left some salad, I didn't use as much dressing, I didn't get the "loaded" baked   potato, and I left about 2-3 oz of steak on my plate.


So it was a bad meal - not a bad day. I satisfied a craving. And I'm ok with it.


 
I tried to take a pic at the restaurant, but the flash was so bright it lit up the entire table and made me feel like a total dork....








Today I'm going to focus on making some better decisions and finally make it to the grocery store. Dinner tonight? Tortellini Soup!

1 comment:

  1. Great for the 2 pounds. That dinner sounds wonderful. All of it real, healthy food. Keep it up, you are doing great! I really love reading your blog, you have a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete