Thursday, February 3, 2011

The "E" Word























*sigh*
Exercise.

There. I said it. Are you happy? Now I feel like I need to take a nap. The problem is that I know I need to do it.

But.....exercise makes me tired... and sweaty....

and did I mention I jiggle?

It's so not cute.

Here's a secret. I have access to two (2) gyms. We have a gym at work - totally free, with a trainer and classes and everything, and I actually belong to a gym. 

As in I pay money.

And I haven't been in close to a year.


Yeah. I know, believe me.... I know.


Well, last night I actually went to the 'Exercise TV' On-Demand station, and scrolled through the rather extensive listings, and started watching some Billy Blanks Hip Hop Cardio thing.

Then I took a nap.


I kid!  I kid!

I stood there, realized this may be a little *ahem* advanced for me... so instead of going back to the regular scheduled programming, I kept scrolling and found a Zumba workout video.

AND I DID IT!

Granted, it was only like 6 minutes - kind of a teaser video. But it got my heart rate up, and breathing hard. When it was over, I tried a couple other videos that I didn't really care for. After a bit, I gave up - but then I ran up and down the stairs a couple times!

ON PURPOSE!

It was only like 15 minutes, and I know that's small potatoes from where I need to be - but it's a definite step in the right direction!

Now I gotta ask the question. Does anyone else ever feel.... weird.... doing these videos in the house by themselves?

I felt like my cats are looking at me and judging me.

Ok, I KNOW they were looking at me and judging me. I could read the surprise, concern, and even a little fear in their furry little faces.

But they lick their butt - so really, who are they to judge?

I guess I just need to get over it, right? If I look like a total moron, it's just me - so why should I care? I shouldn't be embarrassed in front of myself.... right? 

So I'm planning on giving this another shot tonight. If I can preselect a couple videos, then do a few laps on the stairs, maybe I can do a continuous 30 min or so.

Onward and Upward... or Downward..... or...... yeah, something like that.

1 comment:

  1. Great! Keep going, you will start to feel better, sleep better and the weight will go faster. I have a Chair Aerobics dvd that I use. It is easy on my joints, but boy does it give me a workout. If I am not careful, I have hurt myself. Maybe when you are working out, set up a fan and pull back your hair. I am much more comfortable that way. And who cares how you look, you are doing this for yourself. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete