Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So, uh.... hey there. I know it's been a while............

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Well... maybe I kinda sorta did. The diet/weight loss earth anyway. I can list all the reasons... but really, they aren't reasons. They're excuses.

I realized I can't do this by myself. I can't just make this blanket "I'm going to eat healthy and lose weight" statement and *wham* I'm losing weight. I need portion control. I need to really pay attention to what I'm doing. I need someone or something saying when I've had enough. Otherwise, I'm just spinning my wheels.

So I broke down and (re)joined Weight Watchers. It's a good program, it's recommended by Dr's, and it worked for me in the past. I let my desire for instant results get the best of me, I became apathetic and stopped counting and tracking, and that's when it stopped working.

Yep, I'm counting points again. Not my favorite thing, but it is effective. Monday was my first official day, and I will weigh in on Friday. I'm just doing it online for now, I'd like to do meetings, but the meetings/e-tools combo is just too expensive for me, and if I have to pick one,  I'd rather have instant access to all the points values and trackers.

This time around, the program is a little different. Points values are calculated based on Fat, Protein, Carbs, and Fiber. Generally, points values on foods are a bit higher - but the majority of fruits and veggies are "0" so you're free to eat those ad nauseum. To compensate, they've done some other advanced calculations involving the position of the Moon when in the house of Aries and so forth, and you have more Daily Points and more Weekly Points to spend.... so it all balances out. I'm still trying to get used to it, and trying to figure out what my "go-to" foods/meals are going to be.

Still haven't gotten around much to that dreaded "E" Word. I told myself I was going to take a walk after work today, but then ended up running by the grocery store, and then it was about dark by the time I got home, and then my sofa started calling my name...... all excuses, I know.

For now I'm going to focus on tracking and staying "On Point", The rest will come, and sooner rather than later.

On a side note, tried the new Fiber Plus flavor "Coconut Carmel Fudge". Let me just say - Y U M! It tastes kind of like a Samoa GS cookie! I mean, no it's not as good - few things this side of the Pearly Gates are, but it's pretty freakin tasty!

BTW, part of the reason I stopped blogging so much is they changed the Internet access at work, so I can't get on to a lot of my favorite blogs and sites. Bastards! How dare you make me work at work!

When I get home, I tend to not want to look at the computer as much - but I'm going to try and be better about updating.

Carla - thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to check up on me! You have no idea how much it means to me that you thought of me! 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Your back! Congrats on joining WW. It is a very good program. Forget about the past couple weeks, we have ALL been there. Moving forward. I gained a pound in one day...have no clue why. Oh well. Moving forward.

    Well, I hope you have a very good week, and I am glad you're back. Carla

    ReplyDelete