Tuesday, March 8, 2011

we're all crazy

I hate to admit I watch things like The Bachelor/Bachelorette and America's Next Top Model. But alas, I've been suckered into it.

However, I have noticed something. Maybe not quite an epiphany - but lets call it an awakening.

It doesn't matter how drop dead gorgeous you are. How flawless your skin, how golden your hair, how perfect your smile, how long your legs, how slim your ankle, how tiny your waist..... us chicks, we're all a little crazy.

We all root out our most heinous imperfection, and dwell on it - nurse it like a prized rose, These girls, I would take one look at them and cower in a corner, feeling like an ugly troll. Who'd have thought those girls have those same insecurities?

BTW - on a totally unrelated topic, tonight marks a full calendar week I have gone without stuffing my face in front of the tv when I get home from work!
Conquering chips today... tomorrow the WORLD!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Good for you! I agree with you on the dwelling on our imperfections. Mine has become my wrinkles. Yikes! Too much sun in the 70's and I'm paying for it now. Those girls probably do dwell on something. It's too bad we do this to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via Carla's. Congrats on conquering the chips fro a week. That is something! First week is the hardest. I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete