Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring!

I'm sitting outside on my deck right now, listening to the birds chirp and squirrels rustle around in the trees. I'm wearing a tank top and jammie pants, and am so soooo happy it is finally Friday.







While Fall is my favorite season... there is something about spring that really gladens the heart. The Bradford Pears and Cherry trees are all in bloom, the bare hint of green as you look out at the tree tops, the baskets of hanging flowers at the grocery store. After a long and weary winter, I just want to sit outside and immerse myself in the spring sunshine.



This doesn't really have anything to do with the diet.... other than a sense of peace and well being that I was severely lacking earlier this week. I feel good that I didn't binge and I didn't go off plan. Despite the increased sodium intake and the formidable Shark Week in occurance, I am down 1lb this morning.

I'm settling into my WW groove, getting back into drinking my water and picking veggies and fruits over crap. I'm feeling more confident in my after work snacking, and not leaving so many points for the end of the day "just in case".

I'm still not buying any kind of trigger foods. No chips or crackers, no preportioned ice cream bars or 100 call packs of cookies. As innocent as they may look, and as benign as they may be in their individual portions, I still don't trust myself to stick with just one.

I haven't been walking at night like I need to, but I have been taking a 15 minute break at work and going for a quick little walk. Its nice to be out in the sunshine, and gets me away from my desk and moving,  My goal is to keep doing that most days of the week, and to get back into walking at night.

Going to sign off for the night, starting to get a little chilly out here, and the cats are going to stage a mutiny if I tease them from out here much longer.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely description you have written. Would loved to have joined you on the deck. Doesn't it feel good when things start to click and you are on a roll? I hope you have a better week. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing okay. Just checking in and see you have not posted for awhile. Come back, come back! michele

    ReplyDelete